Founded in 1963, the Ontario Petroleum Institute Inc. is a non-profit industry association which represents explorationists, producers, contractors, geologists, petroleum engineers and other professionals, individuals or companies directly related to the oil and gas, hydrocarbon storage and solution-mining industries of Ontario.
The fundamental objectives of the Institute are:
- to encourage responsible exploration of the oil, gas, hydrocarbon storage and solution-mining industries of Ontario
- to maintain close liaison with government agencies which regulate the industry
- to disseminate information relevant to member needs
- to promote the legislative goals of the membership
- to inform and educate the general public on the significance of the industry to the province of Ontario